The industrial age of energy and transportation will be over by 2030. Maybe before.
Exponentially improving technologies such as solar, electric vehicles, and autonomous (self-driving) cars will disrupt and sweep away the energy and transportation industries as we know it. The same Silicon Valley ecosystem that created bit-based technologies that have disrupted atom-based industries is now creating bit- and electron-based technologies that will disrupt atom-based energy industries.
Visit Tony Seba’s website for more information: tonyseba.com
Clean Disruption projections (based on technology cost curves, business model innovation as well as product innovation) show that by 2030:
– All new energy will be provided by solar or wind.
– All new mass-market vehicles will be electric.
– All of these vehicles will be autonomous (self-driving) or semi-autonomous.
– The car market will shrink by 80%.
– Gasoline will be obsolete. Nuclear is already obsolete. Natural Gas and Coal will be obsolete.
– Up to 80% of highways will not be needed.
– Up to 80% of parking spaces will not be needed.
– The concept of individual car ownership will be obsolete.
– The Car Insurance industry will be disrupted. The taxi industry will be obsolete.
The Youth Climate Report is a youth led documentary initiative that opperates under the leadership of Neko Harbour Productions, in parnership with the United Nations Environment Programme and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Credit to The Youth Climate Report for making this Interview happen, thank you.
Interested? CleanTech Region can help you with Disruptive Clean Energy and Transport Solutions from the Nordics with Financing. Just fill in the form below and we get back to you.